New Patient General Information
Welcome to Precision Periodontics and Implant Dentistry! We are passionate about oral health and devoted to uncompromising excellence in dentistry. We have high expectations for ourselves when it comes to serving our patients, and want you to get the most out of your dental treatment.
To fulfill this mission we are committed to:
- Listening to each patient’s wants, needs, and concerns
- Working with patients and general dentists to develop personalized treatments
- Creating a comfortable, caring, and compassionate environment.
- Constantly improving our standard of care through continuing education
Our goal is for every interaction with our office to be a positive experience. Our knowledgeable team is always ready to answer questions, and we are happy to schedule a consultation with you to discuss your treatment options.
Your First Visit
Your first visit to our practice will take approximately 90 minutes. We allow plenty of time for you to ask any questions you may have about your options, and to discuss all potential dental procedures that could enhance the look and health of your smile.
Dr. Zalewsky and Dr. Daru will carefully review past medical and dental history, and ask questions about your lifestyle. We’ll need to know what medications, vitamins, or supplements you may be taking, as well as any health conditions which could impact your dental health or treatments.
After the initial intake is complete, you can expect a complete oral, periodontal and cancer screening exam. This will include:
- Examining your gums to check for bleeding, swelling, or recession
- Inspecting your jawbone for any breakdown of bone surrounding your teeth
- Evaluating your teeth to determine their proper alignment and bite
- Checking for sensitivity of the gums or teeth and any looseness or instability
- Performing an assessment of the periodontal pockets around each tooth
- Taking X-rays of the jawbone to check for possible bone loss
After the examination, you’ll return to the consultation room for discussion of all exam findings and any treatment options which may be recommended.