Why Choose Dental Implants in Washington D.C.
Restore Your Smile With Dental Implants Today!
Dental implants are a revolutionary procedure that reverses the effects of tooth loss by gum disease or oral trauma. As an alternative to traditional bridges or dentures, dental implants have a success rate of about 98%. If you are looking for an effective long-term solution for missing teeth, contact Implant Dentist Dr. Justin Zalewsky at Precision Periodontics and Implant Dentistry for some of the best care in Alexandria, VA and Washington D.C.
Tooth loss can be a result of many dental issues like: periodontal disease (or, advanced gum disease) , tooth decay, or due to a facial (or oral) trauma. Dental implants are an effective solution for most patients suffering from tooth loss, but depending on the conditions of your bone and soft tissues, implants may not be the right option for you. Our experienced team will make any treatment recommendations should they be necessary prior to your dental implant surgery. Due to the complexity of many dental injuries, our dental professions would love to help you decide if this is the correct treatment option for you.
Losing a tooth can be damaging to your self esteem, and your dental health. If left untreated, missing teeth result in bone loss and even other missing teeth. When a tooth is missing, healthy teeth often “move in” to fill the gap. When healthy teeth move like this, it can compromise the alignment and bite of your other teeth. The easiest way to prevent other dental issues caused by tooth loss is to replace the missing teeth!
What About Dentures or Bridges?
Sometimes, dentures or bridges are used to replace missing teeth. However, in most cases, dentures or bridges work better when used in conjunction with a dental implant. If you are deciding whether you should invest in dentures here are a few important things that you should consider:
- Though they improve the look of missing teeth, dentures do nothing to prevent bone loss in the jaw. Bone loss in the jaw overtime may result in sagging facial skin.
- Dentures can function poorly! Patients have reported issues speaking or performing daily activities!
- Sometimes, patients will have to cut certain foods out of their diet. This is because chewy or tough foods can be damaging to your dentures.
Why Dental Implants?
Dental implants were first introduced to the dental community in the 1950s. Since then, dental implants have risen in popularity, and the treatment perfected. Patients nowaways have a success rate of 98% and rising. Here are a few reasons why patients should choose dental implants:
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants improve the appearance by providing patients with more of a natural look! Additionally, the implants will adhere to the bone, just like a natural tooth would! This process helps reduce bone loss in the jaw, and will preserve the integrity of your facial bones and appearance.
- Comfort Level: Dentures can often be uncomfortable for the people wearing them, and make it difficult to complete daily tasks. Dentures often rub on the sensitive areas of the gum, creating a painful “sore spot.” You’ll never have to worry about a painful sore caused from a denture with dental implants.
- They’re Longer Lasting: While cheaper upfront, dentures are a fortune in maintenance costs! Denture sets have to be re-made often, resulting in a hefty expensive over a lifetime. Dental implants are more expensive up front, but their durability can’t be outmatched. If cared for correctly, one set of implants can last you a lifetime!
- They Preserve Bone: Because dental implants are fused to the jaw bone, they function like natural-teeth would; preserving the jaw-bone. Natural (or prosthetic) teeth promote needed bone growth in the jaw. When teeth are missing, there is nothing to promote bone growth, causing the jaw bone to deteriorate. Over time, patients with missing teeth will experience bone loss unless treated with a dental implant. But that isn’t all, dental implants can keep your natural “bite” aligned and prevent future missing teeth.
- Improved Speech: Dentures are commonly misplaced when talking, resulting in slurred or stumbled speech. Dental implants are permanent, and you can rest assured that nothing will slip out of place mid sentence!
- Food Tastes Better: Sometimes, dental bridges and dentures cover the roof of the mouth which make it difficult to fully enjoy the taste and textures of food. With dental implants, you’re able to enjoy your food to the absolute fullest. And, you won’t be restricted on what you can and cannot eat! Foods like caramel apples, carrots, or tough meats are no match for dental implants.
How Much do Dental Implants Cost?
Dental implants can cost thousands of dollars per tooth, but there are several options available for our patients based on:
- The condition of your jaw-bone tissue.
- Your the condition of your overall and oral health
- The number and location of your missing teeth.
- Your budget
Learn more regarding the cost of dental implants.
If you’re interested in a revolutionary set of dental implants, visit Dr. Zalewsky at Precision Periodontics and Implant Dentistry to see if you’re a candidate for dental implants! Dr. Zalewsky and the team at Precision Periodontics and Implant Dentistry are some of the best in Washington D.C. and Alexandria, VA for dental implant surgery Recognized by the American Dental Association, American Academy of Periodontology, International Congress of Implantology, and several others, Dr. Zalewsky is one of the best trained specialists in the area. With these certifications and advanced training in both surgical and non surgical gum disease treatment, Dr. Justin Zalewsky is committed to providing you with quality dental implants that will last you a lifetime.
Are you ready to make a major change to your dental health? Try our revolutionary dental implant surgery. Experienced implant dentist, Dr. Justin Zalewsky and the Precision Periodontics and Implant Dentistry team can help you find an effective solution to replacing missing teeth. Our wide range of periodontal treatment options make it easy for patients to get the treatment they need. Make an appointment at one of our offices in Alexandria, VA or Washington D.C. today for your dental implant consultation.